15 Hour Initial CCW Course Description:
Completion of the class fulfills the New Mexico requirement for application for a concealed handgun carry license. Classes are generally conducted over a weekend at the City Shooting Park Range (Saturday & Sunday, 9:00am - 4:30pm). The cost includes the course, completion certificate, reference material, range fees and tax. For the students convenience, fingerprinting services are available during the class.
The course is designed to provide you with the information you need to make intelligent choices on personal protection equipment. Adequate equipment is available for your use during the class for a minimal charge. You don'need to rush out and purchase anything prior to the class.
The cost is $150. We also have a reduced rate of $250 for couples. Fees include the course, reference material, course completion certificate, range fees and tax.
Course Topics Include:
1. Mental conditioning and situational awareness;
2. Modern technique of the pistol; Knowledge of and safe handling of double-action revolvers and semiautomatic handguns
3. Techniques and methods for concealed carry;
4. Techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to control a violent confrontation;
5. Federal, and state criminal laws pertaining to the purchase, ownership, transportation, use and possession of handguns;
6. The NM concealed carry license application process;
7. Live fire of a handgun on the DPS qualification course.
Our classes feature both live instruction and nationally recognized video to give you a thorough and interesting classroom experience. We have over a twelve hundred satisfied students and we are committed to total course excellence.
You must be 21 years of age to apply for a concealed carry license; however, this training is centered on valuable personal protection concepts that transcend age.
4 Hour CCW Renewal Course Description:
The course consists of discussion on the changes to the NM handgun laws, review of the application process, and the shooting the DPS qualification course of 25 rounds.
The Cost is $70/person.
The NM statutes require a 4hr course in order to apply for a renewal license. We recommend you taking the renewal class approximately 90-120 days out from when your license expires. You can take the 4 hour renewal course up to 60 days after your license expires. Past that 60 days, the law states you must take the 15 hour course again. The renewal fee to the state is $75, but the good news is, that your new license will be good for 4 years.
2 Hour CCW Refresher Course Description:
The course simply consists of shooting the DPS the qualification course of 25 rounds. You will receive a certificate that proves you took the refresher training.
The cost is $50 for the Refresher class.
The NM Statutes require license holders to take a two hour refresher class within a 60 day window of the midpoint of your license period.
- NRA Certified Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor
- NRA Certified Personal Protection
- NRA Certified Range Officer
- New Mexico DPS Concealed Carry Instructor #007
- NRA Certified Range Coach